29 March 2012

#147 The Last Two weeks.

Since my last post, a lot has happened.  After the tragedy of the Mass Effect ending fiasco, I decided it was time to deepen my commitment to my own projects.  ME made me realize that for all of the games short comings, it had done exactly what it had done in the game.  It indoctrinated me.  It became such a passion that I was willing to speak up about my displeasure and join a movement.  After the fire had died, I realize that such a feeling was powerful.  That was the same sort of feeling that I wanted to create when I write something.

So I went back to the projects that I have been working on, and started to look at them with stunning clarity, but at the same time under new light.

I haven't gone into detail about every thing else I've been doing with my time, but then again it is difficult to juggle multiple projects and then write about them.

So here is a list of what I have been up to.

Eiko: R3M1X

  • Restructuring the entire world into a new genre isn't the same as rewriting the story.  You change the world and the context and subtext changes.  Things that were do-able in a fantasy world aren't the same as a futuristic world.  
  • Changing characters.  For a while various people have made comments about "certain characters" and their thoughts about those characters have always been taken into consideration.
Eiko
Eiko: R3M1X













Next up is


Half-Breed.

  • Finishing up with a 75k word count has been tough since I am only  a few thousand short of my goal.
  • Wrapping up all the chapters that I started and didn't finish has been a PITA difficult task.
  • Still have to find cover art for it.  *Groan*



Lavandar ATRC


  • This one is going to require a lot of work, but it is a labor of love and a chance to jump back into traditional fantasy though from a different perspective.
  • Developing this one isn't going to be easy, but I hope to eventually get more of it done by the end of the year.
  • Might have to get some concept art for her.  I seem to work better when I have a visual reference to the characters.  Might just make pictures from Oblivion character mods, that sort of look like them.
  • This one is LBGT friendly, and a different take on things than I am use too, but it will make the research I am doing all the more worthwhile.

Ghost Of The Morning-Sun
  • This one was for a contest.  No more than 8000 words.
  • Luckily this was one I did manage to complete.
  • It's fantasy, but I do have quite a passion for the genre, plus it was a great opportunity.

Triumverity Games (The Clockwork Revolution)
  • This one has taken up a lot of my time.
  • Meetings with the team
  • Working on the game design document
  • Character design for the concept artist
  • Plot and over all storyline
  • Gameplay elements
  • Reading (audiobook) the Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling.
  • Research on all things Steampunk
  • Design of the company logo
  • Writing memos for the team about game elements.
  • etc,etc,etc.



Luckily with all these things I have managed to maintain a respectable work rate, even though for the past week I have felt pretty overwhelmed.  Still this is good for me.  I am getting things done.  Plus learning of new joys and absorbing new information.

It's all apart of becoming more than I am now, and I welcome the challenge.

And people think I don't do anything. (lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment