30 March 2012

#148: Inspiration: Daft Punk

In this new section, I will share some of the things that inspire me, and continue to inspire me.  These may be things that really put a smile on my face, or something that I frequently listen to or watch.  You may find yourself liking them as well.  These sections will come in various length.



I first heard Daft Punk during the latter end of the ninties, when their video "Around the World" appeared on MTV.  To me it was something to behold and immediately hooked me with it's repetitious beat and tone.  The song was something that had such an effect on me, that not long after seeing it, I went to Record Town and bought the cassingle and CD for just the song.

A few years later when I heard their newest song One More Time, and saw the accompanying video to it, done in anime style, I knew I would be a life long fan.

One More Time has always been a theme of positivity for me, and still brings me unadulated happiness, even nearly ten years after its release.  It's a song that is a constant companion on any Mp3 player I own.

Even now I am listening to it.  I always draw inspiration from the great tunes crafted by these masters of music, and I hope you will find inspiration from it as well.  Speaking of which Shep is one of my favorite characters.  See if you can't find a reference to him and his heroic sacrifice in one of my future works.



Daft Punk has always been a source of great music and a constant source of inspiration for me and I hope you will feel the same way.

Favorite Songs

  • Around The World
  • One More Time
  • Voyager
  • Too Long
  • Da Funk
  • Too Long/Steam Machine (Alive 2007)
  • Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

1 comment:

  1. Nice blogspot! :)
    thanks for the picture of Shep, i quest it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete