11 April 2014

#186 Follow your path...wherever it leads

Our paths will take us many places and you never know where you will end up.

A year ago I was further from my goal.  I was unhappy and had very doubtful thoughts of whether any of of my aspirations would ever come true.  I couldnt see the path and i tread blindly in a miasma of depression and feelings of those  who have unfulfilled dreams...and yet I never gave up.

I followed one of the rules of my fellow carvers. 

"Tell everyone about what you are doing.  Chances are one day the right people will hear you."

Even in the darkness i refuse to succumb to the doubts.  I felt the doubts as real as the summer sun on my skin but i never let their fire burn me.  I always maintained that one day I would do it, i would reach that next step.

I'm still not where i want to be, but im a lot closer than i was.  The work only gets harder from this point on.  A lot more people will be watching and their expectations will be higher but I knew that going in.  I will prepare myself and the will that I have crafted and sharpened.  I will turn my limits into strenths and reach for that next higher step,  I will climb the path, growing as I take each laborous, arduous step and i will be better for it. 

I am one step closer to where I want to be and it feels great.

Carve on my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment