13 March 2016

#213 Changing Direction...

When I started this blog, I didn't know what I was doing.  I was new to the blogosphere, with only a vague idea of what it took to run a successful blog.  I would read other blogs to get an idea of what they offered and then I wouldn't follow any of their successful strategies.  Like the title says I was Carving A Path...my own path.  I figured people would want to hear what I had to say and get my perspective on news, events or even my struggles.

As the years passed, my intentions changed.  I used to be  young gung-ho screenwriter, determined to make it big in the West Coast, while being stuck in the midwest.  I entered contest, read every book, competed against other screenwriters in every free contest.  I cranked out screenplays and participated in every venue.  I took the steps to get my work read and submitted it to intense scrutiny to maximize and optimize 90 page perfection with three-holes punched.

At the height of this was the Amazon Studios era.   Against the odds I submitted Eiko, and made it to the semi-finals.  That was the first time that I had ever placed in anything as a professional.  I didn't win, but I had enough momentum behind that victory to persevere and to make it to the semi's two more times.

To make a long story shot, I'm turning this blog into my own personal blogspace.  It's not going to be limited to just writing and creating, but whatever it is I want to discuss.  No single tone or theme, though writing / creating will always be prevalent.  What I've needed is my own personal space online that I could use as an extension of me.

This blog was meant to inspire and help others.

That won't change.

This blog was meant to be something I could be proud of.

That won't change.

This blog was meant as a place to share my experiences

That won't change.

The only thing that is changing is the perspective that I write from and my intentions.  I will offer as much as I have before to improve the lives of others and chart my own progress.  You'll see what changes over time.  Until next time, my friends.

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment