10 February 2018

B.E. Excellent

A lot happened this week. If you haven't noticed, the blog has underwent some changes graphically.  I took the time to really go through and fix some issues that had been bugging me for a while.  Along with this, I've been doing a lot of prep work for the stream, trying to get everything in order.  Focusing on the blog and Twitch has taken up so much of my time, that I neglected the most important; the Nytmaer YouTube Channel.

The new channel art along with the new Nytmaer logo was the outward facing task.   Those two elements would be the ones that most people saw first so I took care of them.  The brand logo should also reflect the theme and tone and I feel the new logos not just 

The new approach I've taken is meant to align all of these easily overlooked elements and get them all going in the same direction.  

What I had neglected, was the other half of the presentation.  One of the first things someone would see with one of my videos is the intro and the last thing they would see is the outro.  The old intro is still viable, it still works, but it doesn't work well with my current and likely permanent vision for the media content that I produce.  The next line up of #Nytch videos should all have a similar theme and consistent tone.

 I won't go into detail but you should be seeing a pattern.  As the "Retrowave, Cyberpunk" (and yes I do refer to myself that way) I want my videos to loosely match the over all theme but that requires a lot of work.  Because of my skill with After Effects (or lack of it) It'll take me longer to come up with a new intro graphic and to get it just right, might take more than a few hours.  However this is something I've been putting on the back burner for too long and it really needs to be done.  The next video I release won't have those elements implemented, but they will be the start of new direction.

This really excites me as I get to try out some new things and step outside of that zone that I've been in for the past year.  I get to create new templates and determine which direction I want my creations to go in.  This is going to pull me away from the channel while I work on improving the channel, so that means maybe one video or two videos until I'm ready for full implementation.

Until then, as Bill and Ted would say...

via GIPHY

Nytmaer in chrome

No comments:

Post a Comment