18 November 2022

Building an empire: That's what I want at the end of my dream



Hey there! I hope you're doing well. I wanted to update you on what's been going on.


If you're a fan or if you've never read or followed this blog; this is a good starting point.  

At the age of 45, I've learned a lot in my years as a long term internet fixture and aspiring entrepreneur and content creator (Eiko, Nytmaer Youtube Channel, Nytmaer Creations on Etsy, etc)
I've made a lot of claims on this blog about my goals and actions. They were usually grandiose goals or desires that I would attempt for the month or year. Some of those posts were longer and atypical for my blog, but they were all intentional. Everything I did was meant to help me achieve a level of purpose in life."


I may not have the discipline to achieve every goal I set, but I've learned a lot about myself in the process. I think learning about oneself is one of the greatest things you can get from failing. Even though the goal wasn't completed, there was always useful knowledge that I gained. Through my experiences with starting a YouTube channel, writing novels and screenplays, participating in screenwriting contests, editing my novel, networking, writing a light novel, producing indie films and game design; I learned something amazing about each one

Each path I carved didn't lead me to that "we've hit the motherload moment." but it did lead me down a direction that in a way is a hybrid of the best of each.  Many of those skills gained cross over to other areas.

Examples:
 :Marketing a novel and marketing a YouTube channel for example; in todays markets; both tend to focus more on social media than ever before, 

:Did you know that being able to record your own interviews will save you a ton on expenses for not hiring a videographer to do so?  

:Video editing for backyard wrestling is no different than for a YouTube channel, but that the collaborative nature of it also benefits networking and being able to understand the complexities of marketing.
  
https://www.amazon.com/Eiko-Kenan-Brack/dp/1935655442

My goal has always been to be a mixed media content creator. That desire has been with me long before I was a screenwriter.  I always wanted to create something small that could be part of the many conversations. I want to add something to those spaces. Creation is a part of who I am, and it's a core aspect of what exists writing this blog post.

Small steps are what have lead me to this blog post. Through consuming roughly about a book a day, I've learned a lot of finer details about many different aspects of life.  From business strategies from the Art of War and The Prince, to how to improve relationships with people through Dale Carnegies How to Win Friends and Influence People.  These lessons are invaluable and add something to my knowledge that I feel that it has always been missing; that crucial aspect that has kept me from success since my days as a youth:  What these lessons have given me is something so simple; most take it for granted: Focus.

Not a super-human amount mind you; because that would make life so much easier.  No, the focus I've been given allows me to narrow my scope down for how I want to pursue my goals.  It gives me the focus to  look at how the mechanics of somethings work and to be ever diligent in finding those answers.  Before it's always been hit a roadblock and never look at how it is set and what options are available for getting around it.  Now each problem has a solution and I have to find what that solution is by seeing what works and keep pushing until I find that specific answer.  It's nothing more than scientific method being applied to other areas that aren't science in nature.  Test your theory until you reach the truth of that theory.

In AAV: "we call that shoot your shot, until you hit your basket."

Few of my goals have been impossible or unsolvable, but for the longest time due to lack of discipline I've been unable to see that.  Every mountain always appears unsurmountable from the bottom.  Now a lot of things make sense.  Why I could have succeeded when I ran into X problem.  You have no idea how relieving it is to learn that the goals you have and the process to reach them are so far off.  

Success takes time.  Everyone achieves it differently.  Everyone achieves it at different rates.  For every Bhad Barbie, there's a Wookie Mom.  But even success has framework, that we've seen time and time again.  It's not always about talent.  Sometimes it's about showing up consistently, doing the work, setting a direction and never staying that course.  It makes sense that if you apply that towards just about anything; you'll meet your goal.  Once you meet your goal; you'll never be satisfied with just reaching it, because you've seen there is room to grow.  Once you hit the mountain top, you'll always look for greater mountains.  Everest  for the 3rd time?  Olympus Mons is next on your bucketlist.  Regular parachute jumping and base diving only a so-so thrill...




Successful efforts come from both small steps and large gestures and you don't always need a ton of experience to do both.  Still you have to start somewhere so even if you don't know if you'll succeed, try anyway.  Try to get to where you want to go and don't stop till you get there.  

I'm not going to make any bold projections here, but I am on a journey as I have consistently been on and has been recorded through this blog.  From Carving a Path to Success to Dreamscape; this place has been about the journey and will continue to be.  You might be wondering where the "Building an empire" mentioned in the title fits in.  To be honest; it's what the end goal is.    Not in the sense of building something profitable (though certainly an aspect of it all) but to build something that lasts long after I am gone.  Something that my children and future descendants are both proud of but are able to celebrate.  I want to leave behind a legacy that ultimately benefits humanity.   Well my dear friend Monkey D. Luffy summed it up best when describing his dream to his crew/friends in the picture above.

In the continuation I'll go into a lot of what the building an empire entails and the means to achieve that.  Again; these aren't the lofty goals of someone who only dreams of building a long lasting legacy. but never takes action.  These are the preparations and steps of someone who knows where they are starting from and has a good idea of how far they need to go.  The start of every journey is what leads to victory, but the desire always starts with the first step.

Thank you for following me on this journey.

((Note: I am using an AI called Lex to help write this blog post.  If you saw the original unedited work; it comes off as being long and complex.  Lex helps me simplify it for clarity sake, but that's the futurist in me :))

I'm always happy to share my knowledge and help people whenever I can, so feel free to reach out to me if you ever need help with anything. I'm also working on some new projects that I'm really excited about, so stay tuned for more updates!"

Added for bonus points; things I've worked on through the years.










No comments:

Post a Comment