17 July 2009

Carving A Path To Success Pt.14 (What Is Your Sacrifice)

Anyone who knows the path to creative enlightenment, knows the term "In order to succeed, one must be willing to sacrifice."

Everyone is always willing to give up something in order to succeed. When it comes to screenwriting; there is a myth that you have to move to Hollywood in order to make it. I don't believe in such things. I do believe that you have put time in and be willing to do many things in order to become successful, but I don't believe in giving something up completely. My friend Terence moved to Cali, from Colorado to be closer to making his dream a reality. I encouraged him to do so, because I knew that it would help him. Me having a family am not so willing. I can't see myself just packing up all my stuff and hoping a train of California for a chance. I am a firm believer in that "If I can make it in Chicago, I can make it anywhere.

Well let me not say I'm not a believer. I do believe in making sacrifices; but I won't just drop my family and everything. I won't do just anything or everything.

I will spend hours working on various projects, even at the cost of having fun.
I will spend money to submit to contest and buying whatever I need to acheive success.
I will meet with new people, and take opportunities to learn from others.
I will keep my ego in check and retain my humility.
I will accept criticism for what it's worth and take the gems of wisdom from it.
I will continue writing blogs like this so that maybe someone can share from what I have learned
I will wholeheartedly continue to make strides forward, even as it becomes more difficult.
I will travel to where I must but never at the sake of leaving my family behind.

Those are some of my sacrifices. What are yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment