31 August 2009

Carving A Path To Success Pt.30 (Future's Taskmaster)

What is the task for the near future?

Well the next thing that I want to do is get an agent. Im not very familiar with the inner workings of the Hollywood industry. I do know that based upon the research that I've done a lot of new screenplays have sold for low six figures. One of the production companies I have been looking at buys screenplays for fifteen grand. Since my first one is registered with the wga I know that their signatories have to work along with their rules... Their numbers are a heck a lot higher. The numbers are somewhere between forty and ninety as a minimum. Now since all production companies don't work with the wga they don't abide by these numbers. Id rather work with the signatories. However I'm eager to get the work from those that abide by the guilds bylaws and rules.

Regardless of the numbers im still going to investigate the non guild companies. Its worth the time to do so. Sometimes you have to consider all options before shooting down any possible leads.

The wise ones always consider every avenue before going down a street.

No comments:

Post a Comment