11 October 2009

Carving A Path To Success Pt.46 (Subject of our worse fears)

Had a crazy dream last night.  In the dream I was at a pitch meeting gone terribly wrong.  The person who I was pitching too had  read my screenplay and then proceeded to rip it to shreds; both metaphorically and literally.  The dream reaffirmed the fact that for all my confidence; my fears are very real.
The fear of rejection exist in every writer, poet, every creator period.  Whether they admit it or not...it's there.  It's a justifiable fear when you know whether you succeed or fail rest in the hands of someone else.
While rejection is something to fear; you can't let it be something to hold you back.   Everyone may not like what you have created, someone will.  Never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment