26 April 2010

Carving A Path To Success Pt.64 (In the movies)

The past few weeks  months have not been kind.  In those weeks I've seen

...The house my family lives in, sold to a bank with us having to move.

...I've seen my screenplay rejected after making it to a final judgement.  Why was it rejected?  It required too much development work.  My dialogue was exposition heavy.

...My friends from Antarctic Press are not coming to Anime Central this year.

...I haven't heard from the dozen or so agencies that I sent query letters too.

...I am forced to move to Indiana to Denise's moms house.

...I have to sell the Talon (My 92 Eagle Talon that has been in various states of WIP) because I have no place to put it.

...My unemployment is acting up again.

A lot of things are happening and not a single good thing has occurred..

I've been so depressed over the last few weeks that I have started to doubt whether or not I have the abilitiy to succeed.  I mean after all experience shows us what we are capable of, and so far all I seem capable of is...fail.

I've tried to reach out to more people to open the doors of opportunity, but so far no one is even home, or they are ignoring me.

It's hard not to feel discouraged in the face of everything that is happening.  I keep trying to push ahead and when I get just a little bit closer, I get forcefully knocked on my ass and back about fifty feet.

I am very resentful for a lot of things that I have done in the past.  Now it's like too late to change any of them.  I can't change them, I can't recover from them.  I am in a situation that has gone from bad to hell in the blink of a few months.  It's almost pointless to even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment