31 August 2010

#70 Making Moves, Making Moves

Yesterday I finally managed to print out KFD (thanks Mark) and then sent it off to one of my favorite movie martial artist, who agreed to read it.  I won't name any names, but they were really gracious for agreeing to read it, I will be grateful for the experience.

Meanwhile I haven't been working on any other screenplays, but that is only because my friends and family have work that I have agreed to read and work on.  I'm way ahead of my curve for the year with the self imposed goal of four completed screenplays.  I can afford to take a month off, and then considering I went from a 40k word count to a nearly 70k word count on my recent novel.  Well I can afford to take it easy if I like.

Now that's not to say I've been completely resting on my laurels.  In the past twenty four hours, I have set up a business plan for my movie and the company attached to it.  Done some basic location scouting.  Sent out ads on Craigslist for a DoP (director of photography) and responded personally to every email that I have received.  Needless to say a busy day for me looks fun, but whoa!  if people knew what I really do in the course of a day.  It looks easy sitting in a chair and surfing the web, but if they knew how much I read...
Well more words than a professional reader.  How much do I type in a day?  More than a busy receptionist at a lawfirm.  I type my own letters, read my own material, read others material, do research.  Now tell me thats not work.

But it's all for a reason.  To Succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment