19 March 2011

#84 A Bit Of Me

I've never been one to believe in my own hype.  Usually just the opposite.  For a long time and even to a certain degree now I've never felt that I was good at anything.  I always knew what I couldn't do, but never realized what I was good at.  I tried my hand at MANY things, but could never find my niche, and so I fell back to writing; something that always came natural to me.

Then it hit me.
WRITING.  That is what I was good at.  Writing would open the doors to where I wanted to go in life.  Not only was I good writer, I was a multi talented writer.  I started with poetry and journalism, then branched off into comic books, then novels, then screenplays.  No matter what type of writing I tried, I always seemed to grasp the basics and was able to do it.

Little did I know that my ability to write would allow me access to virtually anything I wanted.  I am not the best by far, but I am consistent and I am always willing to take criticism well.  These were two of the beginning tools that I needed.

Writing has opened so many doors for me, that sometimes all I can do is look back and say WOW.  It's granted me opportunities into other fields unrelated to writing such as photography, something I am also becoming very good at.

You never know where one skill will lead you, but if you are serious about it and devote your time to it, it will allow you to go places you never imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment