12 April 2011

#86 Run Rabbit Run cont

Some days I just wanna up and call it quits
(Sometimes I just want to give up)

I feel like I'm surrounded by a wall of bricks
(I feel like No matter what I do I meet with obstacles.)

Everytime I go to get up, I just fall in pits
(Everytime I try to stand up, I get knocked back down)

My life's like one great big ball of shit
(My life sucks, yeah a lot of bad shit has happened to me)

If I could just put it all into all I spit
(If I could just get someone to believe in me and my writing skill)

Instead of always trying to swallow it

(Instead of just trying to keep writing and keep trying)

Instead of staring at this wall and shit
(Instead of just sitting here not doing anything)

While I sit, writer's block, sick of all this shit
(But if I sit here I get really bad writers block.  I hate that you know)

Can't call it shit, all I know is I'm about to hit the wall
(It's driving me crazy, having this talent and not reaching my goals is going to make me snap.)

If I have to see another one of moms alcoholic fits
(Well I don't have an alcoholic mom, but I have motivation from being poor)

This is it, last straw, thats all, thats it
(The last straw is the one that is going to force me to take matters into my own hands)

I ain't dealing with another fuckin' politic
(I refuse to deal with the politics of Hollywood, sick of the waiting for shit to happen)

I'm like a skillet bubbling until it filters up
(I'm boiling over till I just burst)

I'm about to kill it, I can feel it building up
(I'm at my wits end, but it's building up to unimaginables levelS)

Blow this building up, Ive been sealed enough
(I'm going to risk it all.  I've been held back and unfulfilled for too long)

My cup runneth over, I done filled it up,
(I've taken all I can stand, the rejection, the feelings of failure.  I'm taking matters into my own hands.)

The pen explodes and busts, ink spills my guts
(Writing is my outlet, not violence.  That is how I share and express how I feel)

You think all I do is stand here and feel my nuts,
(People think I do nothing all the time.  They don't know how hard this is)

Well I'm-a show you what, you gon' feel my rush,
(I'm gonna get in your face.  You won't be able to deny what I am capable of.)

You dont feel it, then it must be too real to touch,
(If you can't handle that then it's not worth it to show you further.  Your scope is too limited for the target I've put out there.)

Peel the Dutch, I'm about to tear shit up
Smoke some weed, to relax me, because things are about to get real, real fast)

Goosebumps, yeah, I'm-a make your hair sit up
(Feel nervous.  You should because I'm going to show you what I am capable of.)

Yeah sit up, I'm-a tell you who I be
(Stand up straight and let me tell you who I AM.)


I'm-a make you hate me, 'cause you ain't me
(If you doubted me, you are going to hate me once I become successful)

You ain't, it ain't too late to finally see
(You aren't me.  It's not to late...)
What you closed-minded fucks were too blind to see
(To see what people didn't believe in me couldn't see)

Whoever finds me's gonna get a finder's fee
(Whoever discovers my talent, is going to have my eternal gratitude and a sizable sum of money from my success)

Out this world, ain't no one out they mind as me
(Because noone is doing the type of shit that I am doing.)

You need peace of mind? Heres a piece of mine
(This one is so well written I don't even have to change it)
All I needs a line,

but sometimes I dont always find the words to rhyme
(Sometimes I have a hard time writing.)
to express how I'm really feeling at that time, yea
(I have a hard time expressing what I want through written word.)
sometimes, sometimes, sometimes

it's just sometimes, its always me
(It happens frequently but it happens.)

How dark can these hallways be?
(How dark these times are for me.  Not knowing when or where success will take me.)

The clock strikes midnight, one, two, then half past three
But the time will come)

This half-assed rhyme, with this half-assed piece of paper,
I'm desperate at my desk
(Im working hard to get these stories done, and get them noticed.)

If I could just get the rest of this shit off my chest again
(IF I could just capture that magic moment when thought and written word meet.)

Stuck in a slump, can't think of nothing
(But I can't, my minds a blank.)

Fuck I'm stumped, but wait, here comes something
(Almost got something....nope.)

Nope, it's not good enough, scribble it out, new pad,
(Yeah scratch that idea, new document)

crinkle it up and throw the shit out
(Out with the old, in with the new)

I'm fizzlin' now, thought I figured it out
(I'm getting burned out now, thought I had it there)


balls in my court, but I'm scared to dribble it out
(I have the opportunity but I am scared to take advantage of it)

I'm afraid, but why am I afraid, why am I a slave to this trade?
(I'm scared of what it means, but why am I a slave to my craft, why do I let it consume me?)

Sign that I'll spit to the grave, real enough to rile you up
(I'll keep doing this till I die with so much passion that you will get excited)

Want me to flip it, I can rip it any style you want
(Want me to show you how versatile I am, I can do it any way you can imagine.)

I'm-a switch hitter bitch, Jimmy Smith ain't a quitter
(I'm a jack of all trades.  I'm not a quitter)

I'm-a sit it here 'til I get enough of me to finally hit
a fucking boiling point, put some oil on your joints,
(I'm going to sit here till I get fed up and explode.)

flip the coin bitch, come get destroyed,
(Take a chance to challenge me, and I will show you what a mistake that is.)

an MC's worst dream, I make 'em tense,
(A writers greatest challenge is another writer)

they hate me, see me and shake like a chain-linked fence,
(When I write a story, they want to stop being writers)

by the looks of 'em you would swear that jaws was comin',
(You can see the fear in their eyes as if a Great White was coming towards them)

by the screams of 'em, you would swear I'm sawin' someone,
(By their fearful screams you would think I was cutting someone open)

by the way they running, you would swear the law was comin',
The way the run in fear you would think the police were coming)

It's now or never, and tonight it's all or nothing,
(This is the chance of a lifetime and I've got to take it now)

Mama, Jimmy keeps leaving on us, he said he'd be back,
he pinky promised, I don't think he's honest,
(Can't really do anything with this..:)

I'll be back baby, I just gotta beat this clock
(I have a limited time to make it.  I gotta do it now)

fuck this clock, I'm-a make 'em eat this watch,
(No screw that, I'm going to make time work for me, so much that they'd eat a watch)

Don't believe me? Watch, I'm-a win this race,
(If you don't believe me, just keep watching.  I'm going to prevail)

and I'm-a come back and rub my shit in your face, bitch!
(Once I am rich, I am going to come back and show you how well I am doing.)

I found my niche, you gonna hear my voice,
(I found what I am good at, and I'm going to make sure that you know it)

'til you're sick of it, you ain't gonna have a choice,
(I won't be denied and you won't be able to)

if I gotta scream till I have half a lung,
if I have half a chance I'll grab it, Rabbit Run...
(If I have to work harder than anyone else, I will.  If I have only a small window of opportunity, I will use it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment