20 April 2011

#87 Always a semi-finalist, never a finalist

The path to success is not an easy one to carve out.  It's never something that is left completely up to you.  Take for example my latest situation.  For those that know, I am entered into the Amazon Studios contest for my screenplay Eiko.  Eiko has been fairly well reviewed and has made it to the semi's three times.  But for some reason I never make it to the finals.  I've gotten a lot of advise on how to make Eiko better, and the advise is usually put into the next draft.  Out of the four contest that A.S has held, I've made it into the semi's for three, which still puts me into the top 2 percent of the total amount of scripts on the site.  Still I've never made it to the finals.  It's not something that I can control, and I believe in Eiko as a good visual story.  Some of the recommended changes are ones that I may consider in other drafts, but they might require to much of a change.  I don't know what it takes to make it to the finals, but some of the screenplays I've seen, makes me wonder about the entire contest.  A few of them are IMHO, CRAP.  One in particular was such a complete waste of time.  While properly written and formatted well, was still crap.  If you polish a turd, it still remains a turd.  I won't say which one, but think of a kite, and you will know what I am talking about.  Some of the others haven't been bad at all.

I hate not having control over my life.  I hate not having the ability to get peoples attention.  I hate not making it to the finals.  Making the finals would be a way of saying; hey I'm doing the right thing.  All my hard work is paying off.  I guess I will have to keep on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment