27 May 2011

#95 Chance Of A Lifetime

A few days ago I received an email first thing in the morning, about a chance of a lifetime.  The email was sent from a fellow entrant of the Amazon Studios contest who had made it to the finals of the contest before.  He was offering me a chance to make a novelization of my screenplay "Eiko".  While I was initially skeptical, and had a lot of questions, he answered them with all the right answers.

It has been a rough road for me and a constant fight with depression has not made things any easier, but getting the chance to make a book based on Eiko, also allowing me to expand on some of the story is a great opportunity.

It would definitely give Eiko some added exposure, and allow me the chance to add author to my list of credentials.

Will I go for it?

Damn right I will.

Now I've checked over the book company and sure enough they are a legitimate entity, not like some vanity press, that only charge you for printing the book.  This is a great opportunity for me and I will not pass it up.  What really made the whole thing special was that it was not an offer for everyone.  It was made based on the fact that my work on Eiko has allowed the screenplay to place in the semi-finals three times, plus Eiko has garnered many great reviews.

The chance of a lifetime is here, and I won't run away from it.  I've got a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment