27 May 2011

#96 Samurai Sunday

I am a child of the 70's martial arts action film and how it was in the 80's.  I come from a time when going to a martial arts supply store and seeing all the cool ninja weapons and all the kung-fu uniforms was like the coolest thing ever.

When seeing Enter The Dragon, no matter how many times you saw it, made you into the most lethal warriors this side of the couch.

When sunday was for Channel 66's Samurai Sunday, where you could watch some random kung-fu flick.
That was good times for me, and all those movies are still apart of me. Some I don't even remember but I remember something about them.  I remember the sounds, the sights, and most of all how they made me feel.

Martial arts has gone all MMA now.  Most movies nowadays have a MMA leaning to them, but I still yearn for the days when everyone was Uncle, Brother or Teacher, and Revenge was served not with an armbar, but the deadliest skills known to Shaolin.

The Wu-Tang knows what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment