28 June 2011

#101 The Wordsmythe gets his due...

After years and years of trying my hand at being successful, I have finally been given the chance.  About a month or so ago, I received an email from someone who was interested in turning one of my stories into a novel.  Naturally I was excited but skeptical.  I've learned not to look the gift horse in the mouth but not to trust anything on blind faith either. I did some research and discovered that yes it was a legitimate opportunity.  It wasn't the perfect opportunity as the publisher was a small production company so there were a few concessions that had to be made, and you know what that means...NMUF.

However after looking over the terms of the offer, it was one that I could live with.

This isn't a vanity press or scam POD, and I've researched it thoroughly.  The publisher has been in business for over three decades and has that much experience under his belt and it shows.  The dialogue between us has been very inspirational, and he is willing to take a chance with me, as I am with him.

Someone would say if there is no money to be offered up front, then they wouldn't sign.  And yes that is always an issue, but sometimes there are greater things than financial gain to be offered.  It isn't often that you are granted an opportunity to expose your skill to the world.  Everyone is always looking for the one shot.


You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, opportunity comes once in a life time.

Coming soon:  Eiko

No comments:

Post a Comment