03 December 2011

#123 Not 4 Pretentious A$$-Hats

I started this blog for a few different reasons.

  1.  As a way to chart my eventual rise to success.  
  2. As a means to see where I came from, and how I felt at a particular time in my life. 
  3. Maybe to inspire someone else who had to reach for the top from the ground up.
So far I can only say that while I do enjoy writing this blog, I can't say that I have managed to live up to my expectations.  This blog like most things I do is an ever constant work in progress.

Now let me be clear.  This blog is not the work of a pretentious ass-hat who is already in the business, trying to break into the business but doesn't realize how hard it is, or someone who lives in California, attends coffeeshops and says they are a screenwriter.  I am none of those things.  I drink my coffee at home for one.

I will tell you what I am, and then I will let my work speak for itself.  I am a 34 year old father of three beautiful girls.  Two of which I don't get to see because they live in two different states.  I have been unemployed for nearly four years, and I am currently on public assistance.  My living situation is complicated, but let's just say it isn't the best due to the fact that all my money goes into what little I can pay for room and board.

I don't have a drivers license due to the fact that I cannot pay off a seven year old traffic violation.  I manage to exist thanks to the goodwill of others, and the fact that I am willing to work when I can.  That can be anything from minor things like taking out the garbage, cleaning a litter box, to painting houses.  I do what I can, and yet I find time to write as much as possible.  My life is hard at times, harder at others, but it's not like things are completely bad for me.  I have a good relationship with some really great people who want to see me succeed, some of them are actually my family.  Of course where there are wishers of well-being, there are those that don't believe you ever will amount to what you are.  I have plenty of those as well.

I am also a six-foot tall, 280lb African-american male, who has graduated high-school, with a spotless criminal record (other than minor traffic violations I have had no run-ins with the law).  I love camo and military stuff, though I regret to say that I have never served.  I enjoy airsoft, fantasy and sci-fi, have trouble with math, love video-games, and my daughters (plural) smiles.

I am a man that tries really freaking hard to pull himself out of the situation that he is in.  Not through trickery or deception, but through hard work and studying constantly.  I seek new ways to improve myself and blame my failures on defeats primarily on myself.

I can be as arrogant as I am helpful, but that is just me.  This is me sharing a bit of myself with you, so you can understand who you are listening too.   It's important to know who the voice is behind the words.

Thank you and good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment