08 May 2012

#150 Noob to the game (Game Designer for Triumverity Games)

I'll be the first to admit that prior to this year, I knew nothing about writing for videogames.  It was always something I wanted to do.  Even my main character Eiko was intended to be a video game when I first created her.  Now many years later, I am doing what I had ultimately planned all along.

Now I want to clarify that I have no actual experience writing for video-games, however I have experience writing and that is the foundation I have used to my benefit. 

There are some things that I kind of knew already, and then there are a bunch of things that I am learning.  Needless to say, it has been an experience, but I really like it.  It is a challenge for me.

A good challenge is one that forces you to stick your head out of the shell that you  reside in.  That is what this project has done for me.

The benefit of working on a project as ambitious as this one is that you can fully utilize every skill that you have attained as a writer and a gamer and apply it one way or another.  That means all these years of writing fantasy and sci-fi, writing romance and thrillers, of being able to write good action scenes will all come into play.  This project will also help me grow as a writer and growth is one of the most important things that I can do.

http://triumveritygames.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment