01 July 2012

#154 Writers Block...(bloglet)

It's one of the most common things every writer experiences in their career.  Whether professional or amateur suffers; writers block is something that just cannot be helped.  It comes to us at a time when we are doing well, and it comes when we are doing terrible.

Writers block is a disease.  Nobody knows exactly what causes it, but when it hits, it tends to hit hard.  Most recently I have suffered writers block on a fairly epic scale.  It has slowed my production to a screeching halt.

Eiko: R3M1X, TCR, and Half-Breed are all currently awaiting for me to pick them up.

This is not new for me, and most likely a situation that isn't new to you.  If you have experienced either writers block or any version of creative constipation, I have some tips and suggestions to help you.

  1. Step away
  2. Try just writing something at random
  3. Do some reading.
  4. Watch some TV or a movie.
  5. Write a different section
  6. Play a video game
  7. Look over your notes
Sometimes, the current time isn't the best time to write what you want.  It can be a challenge to push yourself to continue writing when you are under the effects of Writers Block, but this is good.  You need the challenge.  If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth doing.

Regardless of the level of writers block you will overcome it.  It just takes time and patience.  I believe in you as much as I believe in myself.

What are some things that YOU use to overcome a creative blockage?  I'd love to hear some suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment