31 July 2012

#159 If you are ashamed let that fuel you....

Some people hate their bodies, to the point that they cover them with large amounts of clothes, but when it comes time to change all they have are excuses as to why they can't right now.

I am not ashamed of how I look.  I frequently walk outside without a shirt on, or at the beach without one on.  I repeat, I am not ashamed of how I look, and I never will be, yet some people are.  I say to them, if you are really displeased by your appearance, then get off your butt and do something about it.

People spend a dispropotionate amount of time doing things that are more harmful to them than helpful.  They sit on computers, play videogames, watch TV, and this is their free time, and then complain they have no time to exercise or eat better or take any action to improve their lives.

As the Brits would say:

BOLLOCKS!

If you can waste time pitying yourself, then you can take that time and channel it into something useful.  If you are truly ashamed of yourself, then use that as fuel to improve yourself.

Can't read?  Take the time to learn.
Can't write? Take the time to practice
Can't use a computer?  Take a class.
Overweight?  Change your eating habits and start walking.
Tired of getting bullied by the Cobra Kai?  Find Mr. Miyagi (RIP Morita-San)

Don't let the shame hold you back, it's been doing that for long enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment