01 September 2019

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."

I know, I know, it's terrible.  It's a god-awful thing, but you know what else it is?  It's an honest attempt at trying something new and different.  So what if it's not the best looking.  So what if it's more chicken scratch than animation; we all have to start at the bottom.  This blog has always been about trying something new. 

If you live in the realm of a dream, you wouldn't see it as an opportunity to do what you've always done.  No, you would use it to fly, to dream of things that couldn't possibly exist in the real world like Castle's in the Sky.  The name Nytmaer is a reference to dreams, My Dream Space is a reference to...duh...dreams.  Dreaming is the one place where the ether of creation is found in abundance and where most creators draw inspiration from.

For years I've been looking for that one thing that I am supposed to do.  I've done some of everything in search of it and it always seems to come back to a version of art.  I'm supposed to create in some way, shape or form.  The more ways I can learn to create, the greater a creator I can be.  I draw inspiration from Leonardo Da Vinci who taught me that possessing more than one set of skills only helps you become better at what you do overall.  He was as much a scientist as he was an artist.  I consider myself a renaissance man of sorts and that's because I draw my comparison from Da Vinci.

This animation attempt is me using Blender's grease pencil and time line to duplicate one of my favorite things.  See if you can guess what they are.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment