28 November 2010

#76 Future Projects

It's been a busy year.  So much so that I've created more stories than I have finished.  It doesn't mean that I won't finish them but eventually I'll get around to it.  So I have a list of stories that I would like to finish and so that means a lot more work.  Still I have nothing but free time in between the job hunt and other projects.

I figured that I would take a break from all the action films to try my hand at something different.  While action is always a number one love affair for me, I think it is in my best interest to expand my range.  Judging from my buddy Mark's screenplays one of which did quite well in Scriptapalooza; I can benefit from expanding my repitoire.

In Case Of Hope is probably (though not unlikely) the last action based screenplay I will work on for 2010.  Still I have so many action-y ideas that just come spilling out.  It's not in my nature to suppress them.  Just have to keep remembering that I want to do different things.  Write different things.

So onto new stuff.  I have a couple of projects lined up.  All of them without action elements.  When I say action I mean explosions, guns, martial arts and excessive body counts.

Halie: Child Of Hope.  A short film about my daughter and how Hope is found everywhere.

1ne Love:  A romantic drama about the love affair between a a pre-op transexual and a guy.

3rd Gear:  The Fast and The Furious meets The Hang Over.

Those should keep me busy for the next 52 weeks.  Especially since two of them I will be filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment