28 February 2011

#82 Sucker Punched: Why my visions have a chance.

I've been following Sucker Punch since the news about it's production broke at Comic-Con.  I think Sucker Punch is definitely going to be something intresting to see.  It has strong visuals and a very unique almost anime-ish inspired theme.  If anything the main character could have been plucked straight out of half a dozen anime.

So what is this about then?

A few weeks ago, I got into a heated debate on anime inspired films in the American Movie market.  My argument was simple.  If people like it then they will watch it.  Regardless of where it was inspired from.  I won't bored you with the details.  Needless to say Sucker Punch helped further that belief.  While the story is not anime inspired in itself; a lot of the visuals are, and even the main character is such.  This shows me that my stories (some of which are anime inspired) have a chance in the domestic market.  I've been told time and time again that no one wants to buy what I am selling.  I've had to prove that I have a clear vision, and I know others will agree.

Sucker Punch looks to be an exciting ride and I look forward to seeing how it affects how asian theme action films.

No comments:

Post a Comment