01 May 2011

#89 Cuz you love it.

If you asked me why I am doing this, asked me why I am working desperately to make this movie happen.  I don't have any notions of it being a big payday.  Heck for all the money and resources i've invested in it, there would have to be some major funding turn around in order to balance out.  Now I know what I am doing and I am doing it.  It's because I love it.  

I've always loved writing and I've always loved movies.  In one year, me and my fiancee watched over 200 movies, from almost A-to-Z.  So I have the passion required, but it takes more than passion to compete in this buisness, and I have no qualms about this being a business, but still I do it because I love it.  

I am a story teller by nature.  While I cannot express my thoughts through art,  I am a damn good writer and coming soon Director and Producer.  I know that the one of the goals purpose of making movies is to make money, and I know that in time I will do that, but I am also doing this because I love it.  It is a tool to help me succeed in life.  A regular nine to five job is great, but it isn't for everyone.  I've done a lot of work in my day, everything from fixing cars, fixing computers, bill collector to computer tech to rehabbing houses.  I've put my time in when it comes to work, but I also know that sometimes you have to follow your own vision and the vision I have is one that I love.

I am here doing what I do because I love it, and that's one of the best reasons to do something.

-Kenan

No comments:

Post a Comment