26 November 2011

#119 Project NaNoWriMo 2011: Complete

It was a long challenge.

Fifty-thousand words in one month.

I had never done anything like that before.  A draft for a novel from beginning to end.  It would be rough, god damn would it be a rough draft.  Everyday I would have to write a minimum of 1667 words, faithfully.  I had to maintain a word count even when I was hurting, even when I was sick.  Every day I had to come up with more, and more.  Talking with my friend Kimmy made it easier, but that was only to outline some of the events.  The hardest job was up to me.

Being creative wasn't hard, but it was an effort.

Denise kept me motivated with every increase in my overall word count.

I stayed with it, and with nearly three days to go, I have met my goal.

So what does this mean for the project, now that I am finished?  I will continue writing it, until I feel that it is finished.  There is so much more to go.  After all, why stop at 50,000, when I can go further.

No comments:

Post a Comment