20 May 2015

#199 Journey Into Music

So I was sitting at home when this article came across my Facebook feed.  Admittedly, the title is what hooked me.  I wanted to play guitar.  Always have.  Even now when a song like Thunderstruck or I Disappear comes on, I find myself whipping out the old air guitar. The article for those who don't click over is about a game called Rocksmith.  As a fan of guitar games, I knew about the original, so naturally I was intrigued in this game that advertised it could teach me to play a real guitar.  I knew my path was set.  I said to myself.

I am going to learn to play a guitar.

Since I have so much free time on my hands in between writing, and I have always wanted to learn.  Why not.  At the least I'll entertain myself, but at best, I'll actually learn to play a musical instrument.  I've already acquired a full sized left handed guitar from Amazon for fairly cheap as well as the PC Version of the game NIB.

I'll keep everyone updated as I take a stab at the Rocksmith 60day Challenge.  Might even post videos.  

Later...time for practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment