29 May 2015

#201 Rocksmith 2014: 60 Day Challenge: Week 2

How does a future Rock God progress? 







I'm amazed at my progress since I started last week.  I can feel the callouses building on my finger tips, and I like it.  I'm not even close to where I want to be, but I am seeing what I need to see and Rocksmith makes sure of that.  I'm still in the basics of learning to master my axe, but that's how it all works.  One step at a time.

What I really enjoy about Rocksmith is it's approach to learning.   Dynamic Difficulty.


When you are playing it scales the difficulty to your playing ability.  If you are a beginner, then it only gives you a few notes at a time, so you learn the basic notes.
As you improve, the game is able to detect this and increase the notes.  Until you are playing the actual chords used.  This type of learning helps you learn the finger placement and the beat used in the songs.  After playing a song enough times, you can repeat it without the game.  I've found myself playing Blitzkreig Bop clean (without amp) just to practice. 



Another great feature is the Riff Repeater.  This is available for each song and allows you to slow down the song and the difficulty so you can learn the notes at a speed that is comfortable for you and once you do well enough it Level's you up to play at a faster speed, until you get it.  You can do this at your own pace, which is a feature I use...often.


Practice Makes Perfect

This isn't even the main practice section of the game.  

Rocksmith has an extensive set of Lessons (I like to call it RockGod Training) to help you understand the fundamentals of playing the guitar.  What makes these lessons so useful is that they teach you both how to play the guitar and how to use what you have learned in the game.   Learning that is Fun-da-mental is necessary for those like me, who learn from repetition.



Once you've learned a skill, you can either go to play a song, or one of the awesome mini-games in the Guitarcade.  
Each game in the Guitarcade, is geared towards one of the necessary guitar techniques.  As you learn and develop techniques, you can test your ability.  The better you are, the higher your score.  



A neat way to encourage you to want to learn.




My favorite is the zombie based Return To Castle of Chordead; a zombie inspired game where you have to play the matching chord to defeat Rock Zombies.  







I haven't listed every single feature of the game, but I don't need to.  These are the ones that work for me as of right now.


 My conclusion to this week is 100 percent positive.  Rocksmith 2014 won't work for everybody.  Some people will need methods that it does not offer, but if you are like me and you are determined to learn, then Rocksmith 2014 is the way to go.  

My goal to become a Rock God has become  a lot clearer, and that makes me happy.  



Tune In next week to see updates to my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment