31 December 2019

Favorites of 2019

You know, in all the years I've been doing this blog thing I've never had a specific format or formula.  I just blurt out stream of consciousness bullshit because I enjoy reading my own work.  I like things.  A lot of what I do is because I like things.  At a certain point those liked things become favorites.  This is often through repetitive use.  So with this 2019 coming to a close, I figured, why not reflect on a few favorites.  Some are new, some are continuations, but all are faves.

Favorite Game

Duh, Warframe


What did you think it would be?  I play the damn thing everyday now.  I'm far wealthier in game than outside and I can run solo, which I cannot do in life.  Warframe teaches me about myself through the grind; which I've talked about before.



Favorite Song

The Truth by Pryda


This song caught me off guard.  It just popped into my Youtube mix one day and I've been hooked since.  Pryda aka Eric Prydz make another of my favorite songs from previous years; one that continues to antagonize summer nights on the 4.5.

Favorite Website

Hyper420.com



"wink, wink"

Favorite Picture

Overlord



Favorite Movie


It's not secret that Alita: Battle Angel and Avengers: End Game tied for my favorite movies this year.  Both films were definitely callbacks to my teen days when I was heavily collecting comics.  Alita was a favorite just because the art work was beautiful.  Endgame on the otherhand was one of those tent pole stories from back in the day that were super popular.  Mega events that would shake the Marvel Universe to their core and would feature large super-hero mashups that wouldn't  normally get together.  What the Marvel Cinematic Universe did was somehow manage to condense nearly 60 years of film into 23 films, over a period of 12 years.  That's impressive and they started and ended it with my boy Tony Stank.  I've always believed in Iron Man as a franchise.  Marvel's Batman with addiction problems and a faulty ticker and the memory blocked cyborg warrior with the german mecha martial arts. 


Favorite Anime:

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime light novel volume 1 cover.jpg

Similar to last years favorite Overlord; this Isekai has been a favorite of mine ever since I ran across a review of it on a website where the MC has his friend destroy his computer when he dies; you know; for reasons.  Anyway I've started reading the manga to be well ahead enough, but so far it looks to be getting ready to ramp up production on a new season and that's got me excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment